How the people of Newry vote on Thursday will determine the future of this city and its citizens for years to come.
There is a lot that needs to be done and there are many important decisions to be taken. It is vital that the people we return as our Councillors do that in the interests of working people and their families.
· We need to secure the future of Daisy Hill hospital and the services that it provides.
· We need to secure our existing jobs and develop more secure well-paid employment
· We need to secure the funding for the Albert Basin Park Project and revisit the radial route bridge proposal
· We need to review the Mourne Gateway project to protect our local environment while making the most of amenities like the Newry Canal.
· Most of all we need to ensure that those decisions are being made in the interest of working people.
· We need a Council that will act on behalf of ordinary people, that is open, transparent and accountable.
Voting No1 Grant for the Workers Party will give exactly the type representation and leadership that is required.
In it for the people – not for the power