Police in Newry received a report of a fire at a business premises in the Park View area at approximately 12.45am on Saturday May 13th. Colleagues from the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service were in attendance and extinguished the blaze.
Extensive damage was caused to the business and the front right window of the property was also smashed. Smoke and water damage was also caused to an adjoining business.
Enquiries are continuing and anyone who was in the area at the time the incident took place or who may have captured CCTV or dashcam footage is asked to contact 101 quoting reference number 67 13/05/23.
Speaking from their social media the Newry based business said:
“I don’t even know how to write this
We are totally devastated and in shock and can’t comprehend why this has happened!!!!!! Seriously!!!!!
Our dreams are gone”
“MOJO&Co was set on fire
We would of been opened 5 years this June
All the hard work and dedication put into growing a really successful business and now it’s ashes….
I don’t no why people would do this….!!!!!!”
“Not only did they ruin our lives but they ruined all our staffs, all our rent a chairs, the little kids who are making their holy communion this morning and all our clients who have stood by us for years…
Everyone without a job or a place to work and a way to make a living…
We are totally heartbroken.”